“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”Robert A. Heinlein
Time Enough for Love
- Publicized the first Life Cycle Analysis on Regenerative Agriculture Study: White Oak Pastures Beef Reduces Atmospheric Carbon resulting in features from CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta, BBC World Service, Popular Science, and coverage by media outlets worldwide.
- Fought for the California-Nevada Super Speed Train Commission and Southern Nevada Building Trades Unions in their years-long battle to build a Maglev train route linking Las Vegas and Anaheim.
- Negotiated the sale of the First Friday Art Festival in Las Vegas’ 18b Arts District to Tony Hseih’s non-profit group.
- Managed the first restaurant at The Arts Factory in downtown Las Vegas and was instrumental in bringing modern fine dining back to Fremont Street.
- Event planning, media relations, and television commercials for Roaring Camp Railroads‘ 50th Anniversary year-long celebration.
- Rebranded San Francisco Sightseeing’s iconic “Blue Bus Tours” into Gray Line of San Francisco.
TV Production + Media Buying
- Audited Sonoma Raceway’s media buys, tracked Nielsen ratings & negotiated makegoods for all NASCAR, Indy, AMA, and NHRA races which aired on every N. California and Nevada TV and Radio station.
- Orchestrated a 4-person film crew during the 3-day Monterey Jazz Festival to produce the ADDY Award-Winning “Jazz Fans Get It” television campaign.
- Produced character-driven, TELLY Award-Winning commercials for Erik’s DeliCafe “Protesting Pickles” and “Rapping Shrimp” which aired during Bay Area sports games.
- Conceived and directed “The Power Of Paint,” a paid post in The New York Times featuring the prominent young artist Autumn de Forest.
- Produced television commercials and planned media budgets for The San Jose Repertory Theater’s final season, including the Tony-nominated One Night With Janis Joplin, which broke 34-year box office records.
Search Engine Optimization
- Reputation management and pushdown of negative exposes by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, etc. on behalf of a major international art dealer.
- Re-launched popular small business support site StartupNation with a new blog, rejeuvenated forums, and robust monetization capabilities.
- In partnership with Google, published a series of Google Small Business Stories profiling dozens of American companies and highlighting digital marketing best practices.
- Wrote an article about Local Search Optimzation for The CostCo Connection, America’s 4th largest magazine with 14+ million copies in circulation.
- Overhauled the websites for regenerative farms White Oak Pastures, Working Cows Dairy, and Belcampo Meat Co. including 301 redirect strategy, content-keyword maps, competitive analysis, technical audits, KPI analytics, and training.
- Developed the eCommerce strategies for fair trade coffee companies Cafe Campesino and Sweetwater Coffee Co., including SEO, content marketing, email automation, and training.
- Presentations to the Nevada Building Trades Unions, Nevada Congressional Delegation, gubernatorial candidates, state legislators, environmental groups, and elected leaders in support of the California-Nevada Super Speed Maglev train linking Las Vegas with Anaheim.
- Nevada State Firefighters Association’s campaign in opposition to Rory Reid for Governor.
- 2018 State Senate race in Georgia’s now-infamous 14th congressional district, one of the worst ravaged by the opioid epidemic and resulting foster care crisis.
- Digital and television campaigns to elect the Las Vegas Mayor, City Councillors, and County Commissioners in Southern Nevada.
- Communications strategy for The Commercial Center, Las Vegas’ oldest and most diverse shopping center, at a time when it was threatened by high-rise developments.
- Successful initiative to recall Las Vegas City Councillor Steve Ross after allegedly shaking down local businesses for campaign contributions.