“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”Robert A. Heinlein ‘Time Enough for Love’
Professional photographs tell your story, increase demand for products, and allow your brand to reach a wider audience through distributors and online stores. Composition, packaging, and lighting are all part of the equation, but it doesn’t necessarily require fancy equipment. A simple lightbox and some creative backdrops are often all it takes. Take a look at how Kent Dagnall approached product photography for Working Cows Dairy in southeastern Alabama.
Mobile-First Web Design
Compare the White Oak Pastures website before-and-after images showcasing how mobile-first design philosophy can change the game in terms of online sales.
Content Marketing + Public Relations
- Published new research about regenerative dairy farming and the dangers of ultrapasteurized milk for Working Cows Dairy.
- Crafted brand ethos, product pages, and promotional materials for 13+ new Paleo nutritional products – more details after 2021 launch.
- Designed and implemented email automation for Belcampo Meat Co. triggered by each step in their online customers’ journey.
- Social media content and product launch PR for Iberian Pastures pecan-fed Iberico Pork raised in South Georgia.
- Publicized the first Life Cycle Analysis on Regenerative Agriculture Study: White Oak Pastures Beef Reduces Atmospheric Carbon resulting in features from CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta, BBC World Service, Popular Science, and coverage by media outlets worldwide.
- Refuted the fake meat industry’s environmental claims about industrial agriculture on behalf of regenerative beef producers.
- Fought for the California-Nevada Super Speed Train Commission and Southern Nevada Building Trades Unions in their years-long battle to build a Maglev train route linking Las Vegas and Anaheim.
- Negotiated the sale of the First Friday Art Festival in Las Vegas’ 18b Arts District to Tony Hseih’s non-profit group.
- Managed the first restaurant at The Arts Factory in downtown Las Vegas and was instrumental in bringing modern fine dining back to Fremont Street.
- Event planning, media relations, and television commercials for Roaring Camp Railroads‘ 50th Anniversary year-long celebration.
- Rebranded San Francisco Sightseeing’s iconic “Blue Bus Tours” into Gray Line of San Francisco.
Search Engine Optimization
- Reputation management and pushdown of exposés by The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Bloomberg on behalf of a major international art dealer.
- Re-launched popular small business support site StartupNation with a new blog, rejeuvenated forums, and robust monetization capabilities.
- In partnership with Google, published a series of Google Small Business Stories profiling dozens of American companies and highlighting digital marketing best practices.
- Wrote about Local Search Optimzation for The CostCo Connection, America’s 4th largest magazine with 14+ million copies in circulation.
- Optimized new websites for several D2C whole food producers including 301 redirect strategy, content-keyword maps, competitive analysis, technical audits, KPI analytics, and training.
- Developed the eCommerce strategies for B-Corp, fair trade, animal welfare certified, regenerative ag, and USDA Organic companies including SEO, content marketing, email automation, and training.
TV Production + Media Buying
- Audited Sonoma Raceway’s media buys, tracked Nielsen ratings & negotiated makegoods for all NASCAR, Indy, AMA, and NHRA races which aired on every California and Nevada TV and Radio station.
- Orchestrated a 4-person film crew during the 3-day Monterey Jazz Festival to produce their ADDY Award-Winning “Jazz Fans Get It” TV and YouTube campaigns.
- Produced character-driven, TELLY Award-Winning commercials for Erik’s DeliCafe “Protesting Pickles” and “Rapping Shrimp” which aired during Bay Area sports games.
- Conceived and directed “The Power Of Paint,” a long-format paid post in The New York Times featuring the prominent young artist Autumn de Forest.
- Produced television commercials and planned media budgets for The San Jose Repertory Theater’s final season, including the Tony-nominated One Night With Janis Joplin, which broke 34-year box office records.
- Presentations to the Nevada Building Trades Unions, Nevada Congressional Delegation, gubernatorial candidates, state legislators, environmental groups, and elected leaders in support of the California-Nevada Super Speed Maglev train linking Las Vegas with Anaheim.
- Nevada State Firefighters Association‘s campaign in opposition to Rory Reid for Governor.
- 2018 State Senate race in Georgia’s now-infamous 14th congressional district, one of the worst ravaged by the opioid epidemic and resulting foster care crisis.
- Digital and television campaigns to elect the Las Vegas Mayor, City Councillors, and County Commissioners in Southern Nevada.
- Communications strategy for The Commercial Center, Las Vegas’ oldest and most diverse shopping center, at a time when it was threatened by high-rise developments.
- Successful initiative to recall Las Vegas City Councillor Steve Ross after allegedly shaking down local businesses for campaign contributions.